The unintended pun in everyday life.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just had to post this one...

This one rates pretty high--it's funny, it states a truth, and it doesn't need any context. There's only one problem: I just realized that the person may use this as a planned comment that he says to everybody. So I'll need some help from the jury. Without further ado, I'll get to today's Unintended Pun (I think).

January 20, 2013 At the end of a call I made to the insurance company to add a car to our policy, the representative said: "If you run into anything else you want to discuss, just give us a call here at [name withheld to protect me from lawsuits] auto insurance."


What do you think? Is this something the guy thought about and now says to everybody, putting one over on his clients, as well as his boss? Let us know here at the Pun Forum.

1 comment:

  1. I came upon a quote from Viktor Frankl and immediately thought of you.
    "Punning and other forms of humor have been among my pleasures. Sometimes they result in word monstrosities, but that doesn't stop me."

    ReplyDelete