The unintended pun in everyday life.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Last Heat-related Pun (maybe)

Amazingly, the temperature here dropped to the high 70s on Sunday evening (compared to about 105 the past several days). I mentioned two posts ago that my son had found a job working outside. He and I had talked about the need to work whenever the weather gave him a chance--not so much in Phoenix, but in many parts of the country, landscapers work 12 hour days when the weather permits, because they don't make money when they can't work, and they can't work when the weather doesn't let them. Here, you need to take advantage when it's a little cooler, I said.

This morning at 8:45, as I walked past his closed bedroom door, I thought about our conversation.
July 4, 2011
I said to myself: “You better strike while the iron's hot.”
He doesn't use iron tools, but he does use metal tools. And he will be working in a very hot environment if he doesn't get going soon.

1 comment:

  1. When I opened the door during the summer, I noticed that flies kept coming inside. I wondered: "Why do flies always make a beeline for the inside of the house?"

    ReplyDelete