The unintended pun in everyday life.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Pun

I didn't follow too much of the "royal" wedding coverage, but I admit I read some of the blogs on it. Most of what I read was pretty mundane, but I did enjoy this one, especially because I doubt the writer (Piper Weiss, in an obvious ode to Diana) meant her words to have the association that they do. Click here for the article.
April 30, 2011
Prince William and Kate Middleton honor Diana’s memory: “During every step of their path down the aisle, Kate and William have made a point to keep Lady Diana’s memory alive. Their wedding was no exception.”

I think the writer meant to say something like "during every facet of their wedding, before, during, and after," but instead ended up with a great Unintended Pun, which implies that somehow the "path down the aisle" was not during the wedding. If it isn't a pun, it's just bad writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment